Friday, April 19, 2013

Acts of Faith series book one:The Centurion's Wife

                        
                                          No copyright infringement intended. Image taken from pinterest.com





Author: Davis Bunn and Janette Oke

Genre :Biblical historical fiction

Plot: When Leah's family lose all their money she is sent to work at Pontuis Pilote's household. After working working for Pilote for several years Pilote decides to put Leah in strategic marriage to Alban, a centurion in the Roman army.
  Leah doesn't want this marriage since her sisters were married to abusive strangers.
 Could a dead prophet who people say is now again alive change Leah's outlook on everything-including marriage?


My rating: 6 out of 10.

Would I recommend this? Yes, especially to those who want to learn how people lived during Jesus' time.

4 comments:

Rissi said...

I've been meaning to read this series for years now BUT am not a huge fan of Biblical era fiction. Don't know why... it just isn't my "cup of tea." Perhaps someday I'll read it. :)

Ella said...

Rissi-I'm not usually a fan of Biblical Era fiction either, but this book was pretty good.
It wasn't as dull; it was actually event filled.
I haven't read the other two in this series, but I might try to read them this summer.

Rissi said...

Good to know - thanks, Ella!

Ella said...

Your welcome, Rissi!